Massage Therapy Schools in
Minimum Hours of Massage Therapy Training:
The applicant must have completed at least a six hundred fifty (650) hour program in massage therapy training. The massage therapy training must meet the following minimum curriculum requirements:
1. 165 hours minimum of anatomy and physiology.
2. 150 hours minimum of training in massage therapy as defined in 126.96.36.199 NMAC.
3. 75 hours minimum of general instruction to include.
4. The total number of hours in the massage therapy program is a minimum of six hundred fifty (650) hours.
5. If an applicant is missing a core curriculum course or is missing a small portion of the core curriculum to complete the 650-hour requirement, the applicant may obtain the training course(s) from a New Mexico registered independent instructor, or from a New Mexico registered school, or from another massage therapy school that meets the requirements in 188.8.131.52 NMAC. [184.108.40.206 NMAC – N, 07-28-05; A, 06-08-06; A, 09-04-09]
Massage Therapy Schools in New Mexico:
Albuquerque School of Massage and Health Sciences – Albuquerque
Crystal Mountain School of Therapeutic Massage – Albuquerque
Massage Therapy Training Institute Inc. – Las Cruces
New Mexico School of Natural Therapeutics – Albuquerque
Northern New Mexico College – Espanola
Pima Medical Institute – Albuquerque
Santa Fe School of Massage – Santa Fe
Universal Therapeutic Massage Institute, Inc. – Albuquerque
Artesia Family Wellness Center – Artesia
Body Care School of the Healing Arts – Las Cruces
Carrington College – Albuquerque
Mountain Meadow Massage School – Alto
Muscle Therapy Center – Hobbs
New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts – Santa Fe
Northern New Mexico Community College – Espanola
Peregrine Institute of Oncology Massage Training, LLC – Santa Fe
The Scherer Institute of Natural Healing – Santa Fe
Snowlion Center School – Ranchos De Taos
Taos School of Massage – El Prado