Massage schools in Texas
Massage school in Texas
How to Become a Massage Therapist in Texas
To be eligible for a Massage Therapist license an applicant must:
(1) submit a completed application on a department-approved form;
(2) pay the fee required under §117.100;
(3) be at least 18 years of age;
(4) submit a transcript(s) of all relevant course work, acceptable to the department;
(5) provide proof of successfully passing the required exam;
(6) provide proof of successfully passing the jurisprudence exam;
(7) successfully pass a criminal history background check performed by the department in accordance with the Act, the department’s criminal conviction guidelines, and pursuant to Texas Occupations Code, Chapters 51 and 53;
(8) satisfactorily complete massage therapy studies in a minimum 500-hour department approved course at a licensed massage school in which includes at least:
- 200 hours of massage therapy techniques and theory and the practice of manipulation of soft tissue, with at least 125 hours of Swedish massage therapy techniques;
- 50 hours of anatomy;
- 25 hours of physiology;
- 50 hours of kinesiology;
- 40 hours of pathology;
- 20 hours of hydrotherapy;
- 45 hours of massage therapy laws and rules, business practices and professional ethics;
- 20 hours of health, hygiene, first aid, universal precautions, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- 50-hour internship program.
Your New Career as a Massage Therapist in Texas Starts Today with Massage Classes Online
Across Texas, massage therapists are in high demand, and there simply aren’t enough licensed therapists to fill all of the available jobs. If you’ve imagined yourself working as a massage therapist but didn’t take the idea seriously because of the education required, you may be surprised to learn that you can train to be a massage therapist at your own pace with online classes.
Taking massage classes online opens up the possibility of changing your career and taking advantage of the exploding job market in Texas without giving up your current job or responsibilities while you train. We make it easy and practical to transition to a new career with affordable tuition and classes you can access any time, any place.
Becoming a Licensed Massage Therapist in Texas
To work as a massage therapist in Texas, you need 500 hours of education covering topics like science, theory, and business. With our program, you’ll get the coursework you need to become licensed and start working. You can even complete the program in as little as six months, so you can start earning in your new, lucrative position quickly.
Getting Your Education at Your Pace
With our program, you don’t need to go to a traditional classroom to get the education you need. We combine massage therapy classes online with hands-on training in a spa or clinic near you, so you can build your education around your needs.
We don’t operate on a semester system, and there are no start or end dates for any classes. When you’re ready, you can start right away. When you need to spread out your coursework because your other responsibilities are hectic for a while, you can. If you have some free time and want to push ahead quickly with your schoolwork, you can. You set the timelines, so you never have to worry about getting derailed by a missed deadline or skipped class.
Spa/Clinic will make up to your tuition payments if you are on the payment plan OR reimburse you up to $4,000 of your tuition!
Spa/Clinic will make those payments once you are licensed and as long as you are working there 20 hours a week
Training in a Real-World Environment
Hands-on experience is critical to succeeding as a massage therapist, and you won’t be doing your work with fellow students in a classroom. You’ll do your hands-on training in a spa or massage clinic near your home, working with real clients, under the guidance of a licensed massage therapist.
As an added benefit, these training partners are also employers who are hiring. You may be offered a job—and a scholarship in the form of tuition reimbursement or payment assistance—with the clinic that does your training.
Starting Massage Classes Online in Texas Today
Why wait? Contact us today, and take the first step towards your new career. Be sure to ask us about our flexible payment options and tuition discounts.
How Our Program Works:
1. START ONLINE:
The online classes can be taken from any device, including your smartphone. This allows you to jump in and work on your coursework any time. These classes cover business, theory, and science. They can also be taken at your own pace. Finally, there is no semester system and no start or end date for the online courses. If you need extra time for a class because work is busy, then take it. If you have some free time and want to work through an entire course quickly, then you can. The instructors are all licensed massage therapists who will guide you throughout your massage therapy education.
2. DO YOUR HANDS-ON TRAINING A SPA/CLINIC THAT IS HIRING:
Hands-on training is the essential part of becoming a skilled massage therapist. Licensed Massage Therapist instructors will offer structured learning, supervision, and mentorship. You will do this training at the local clinics in Arizona, working in a small group of students.